The Chevy Equinox is by far my new favorite midsized SUV on the market. Here are my top 5 reasons to stop by Stanley Chevrolet for a test drive:
- Although it is a 9 speed 2.0T engine I didn’t notice the shifting at all. It also has really good pickup from the start. My wife currently has a Jeep Cherokee (Sorry Stanley’s), but in that car you can feel the shifting every time. It struggled when we went to Gatlinburg to get up all the hills, yes hills, not even mountains.
- Lane assistance was very nice. There are cameras on all corners of the car and it will slightly turn the vehicle for you to stay in your lane. If it happens twice in a row it will even warn you with sound and vibration of the seat. The cameras are really nice when parking and it shows an overhead view so you know if you are too close to objects.
- In the 95 degree weather this weekend I left the car in the sun during the Fishers festival. I was thinking the seats would be hot when I got back, but the leather really stayed cool. I could have also used the remote start to trigger the ventilated seats and air conditioning.
- This car is very affordable! It is almost identical to my parents Buick Envision from what I can tell and starts over $10,000 below at $23,580 for the 2018 model.
- The cruise control was very nice. Once you approach another vehicle the car slows down without you having to hit the brakes. You can adjust at what distance it will start to slow down. It then will speed back up once the vehicle is out of your way.
If you have questions or want to schedule a test drive, call Stanley Chevrolet at 317-335-3000.
Written by: Adrian Tucker